If you know me personally, you know that I have never been into the whole beauty & make-up world. Growing up, make-up was like a whole other universe to me. I never wore foundation or any sort of eyeshadow – I didn’t even have any makeup brushes to apply these IF I would’ve had them! The only time I wore make-up in late middle school was when I was trying to look old enough to get into a PG-13 movie. I felt like a superstar even with just a thin coat of mascara and a dash of blush.
High school went pretty much the same way. Concealer, eyeliner, mascara, out the door for school. I never wore anything too trendy, just the basics. When I arrived at college, I’m gonna be honest – I kind of felt like a boy compared to my roommate and my friends. My clothes looked “blah” next to theirs and trying to do my own eye shadow was like trying to find a needle in a haystack (ha ha). I felt like I needed to revamp my wardrobe and beauty habits.
Two years later, I feel a little more connected to that universe that was completely beyond reach in earlier years. My roomies are much to thank for that 🙂 I’ve only recently began to do my own eyeshadow and experiment with other beauty products (hair, skincare, etc). As of late I have been really loving a few items, so I thought I’d share!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – I had no idea what dry shampoo even did until college, but now this stuff saves my hair-life just about every morning. It doesn’t make your hair feel oily and gives it a little more volume too. I’ve tried other kinds that ended up doing the opposite and let’s just say I definitely did NOT get my money’s worth on that bottle.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise mascara – Never underestimate how valuable a good mascara is. I figured they were all the same so I always bought the cheapest kind – WRONG! My bff Camri introduced me to this product (ily) and wow does it make your eyelashes POP. I recommend the non-waterproof because it’s easier to wipe off (even with make-up wipes I struggle with the waterproof).
- OGX Hydrating Coconut Oil Mist – I used the regular coconut oil version of this product in the past, but discovered the mist and like it so much better. I found the oil made my hair oily (imagine that) but the mist makes it very soft and it tames the frizziness I sometimes get when my hair is drying.
- PUR Be Your Selfie Eyeshadow Palette – Huge shoutout to Fab Fit Fun for this one. This awesome palette was my favorite item in my winter 2018 box! The colors are beautiful pinkish-gold hues and perfect for any season, plus very sparkly which I have come to adore. I use this practically every time I do my make-up!
- Que Bella face masks – OKAY GUYS these are seriously the all-time favorite. I actually have been using them for a couple of years and I’m still obsessed. They have so many different kinds to choose from, whether you’re feeling a relaxing mask or a deep-cleaning one. I’ve tried so many of them, but my favs are the charcoal mud mask, cherry & apricot exfoliating cleanser, and the intense black peel-off mask (so hard to choose just 3!). I just wish they came in larger tubes!
I’ve come to love trying out new beauty & skin care products, so if you have any suggestions DM me on Instagram (@beckyxx2) or drop a comment below! If any of you try out any of my favs let me know what you think, I hope you have good luck with them too! xo 🙂